Master in Tax Consultancy
Specialize in corporate taxation with this eminently practical master, which will enable you to develop your professional career in the field of tax consultancy.
Classes start: 26 September, 2023
Program ends: 28 June, 2024 (To be confirmed)
The Master in Tax Consultancy at UPF-BSM, ranked number 35 in the Top 100 worldwide in taxation by the Eduniversal Best Masters Ranking, provides you with an exhaustive knowledge of business tax practice through real cases based on jurisprudence, and administrative and scientific doctrine.
With a transversal legal and business approach, you will acquire the necessary knowledge on business or corporate taxation to practice the profession of tax consultant in the field especially of the company, both nationally and internationally.
At the end of the master, you will have the ability to solve the problems that arise in day-to-day business, and know how to analyse current legislation and the most relevant practical cases.
The Master in Tax Consultancy is endorsed by Pompeu Fabra University, the 1st Spanish university and the 15th best university in the world (of those with less than 50 years), according to the Times Higher Education ranking. In addition, UPF Barcelona School of Management has EQUIS accreditation, the most prestigious institutional recognition for business schools globally.
Why choose this program
Study at an accredited school
Study at a school accredited by EQUIS, an international distinction that guarantees the quality of our institution and makes us the 1st school of management linked to a public university with this accreditation in our country.
Choose the modality that suits you
We offer the same program, content, and academic qualification in 2 different modalities: On-Campus and On-Campus&Live (entirely remotely). You can choose the modality that suits your personal and professional situation.
Directed by Antoni Durán-Sindreu, former president of the Spanish Association of Tax Consultants (AEDAF) and professor in the prestigious Department of Economics and Business at Pompeu Fabra University.
Undertake an internship in companies in the sector
Thanks to its internship program, you will be able to put into practice the knowledge you have studied in the professional reality of companies in the tax advice sector.
Get a transversal view
The course works the contents using a double approach, from the business and legal point of view.
Who is it for?
The master is aimed both at young graduates in the economic-business sector and in the legal sector, as well as graduate professionals who want to boost their professional careers in the field of corporate tax advice.
The Master tackles in-depth the knowledge needed to be a company tax advisor.
The content is structured into a first introductory part on accounting matters, law, and new technologies (12 ECTS credits) where the basic notions are worked in order to face the subsequent subjects that go in detail into the specific matter of business taxation (basic and advanced) and the subject of international taxation (40 ECTS credits). The last part of the course is essentially practical. Groups of students will work on the resolution of real practices.
In parallel to the teaching, the Master's Final Project is developed (8 ECTS credits), a practical project in the format of a professional written opinion which should include the knowledge studied during the course.
Basic knowledge of business law and laws concerning accounting will be studied and analysed.
Likewise, we will also reflect on taxes and their purpose in the context of the welfare state and analyse the concepts of avoidance, fraud, and the underground economy as well as their causes.
Furthermore, the rules for the management of professional firms will be given, as well as the foundations for managing the search for jurisprudence which is needed for the professional activity and the AEAT's own liquidation models.
We will delve into electronic tax administration (SII and other obligations in electronic format), contested taxation, and matters concerning the control and prevention of tax risks.
All issues inherent to the taxation of work in the field of Personal Income Tax will be analysed: monetary remuneration, remuneration in kind, taxation of administrators, taxation of allowances and travel expenses, deductions, etc. Likewise, Value Added Tax will be studied in detail with regard to typical and usual business operations.
We will delve into the general regime of Corporation Tax, taxation of corporate structures, and the particularities of SMEs.
This module includes a Practicum focused on practical cases of the main taxes (VAT, Personal Income Tax, Corporation Tax). It is based on real practical cases consisting of proposals from the AEAT for regularizing the tax situation (Inspection records). Students will form groups, after analysing the corresponding records, and will work to prepare the pertinent allegations.
The taxation of family businesses, taxation of business restructuring operations, corporate and refinancing operations, formulas for business collaboration (joint ventures, temporary joint ventures, economic interest groups, etc.), non-profit entities, company groups and consolidated taxation, and special regimes for VAT will be analysed in detail.
This module also has a Practicum focused on real practical cases of the main taxes that are included here.
Este módulo incluye un PRACTICUM centrado en casos prácticos de los principales impuestos (IVA, IRPF, Impuesto sobre Sociedades). Se basa en casos prácticos reales consistentes en propuestas de la AEAT de regularización de la situación tributaria (Actas de inspección), sobre los que los alumnos, tras analizar las actas correspondientes, formarán grupos en los que tienen que trabajar para preparar las alegaciones pertinentes.
El desarrollo del proyecto en el marco del Máster en Asesoría Fiscal supone la aplicación de conocimientos, habilidades, herramientas y técnicas que se van adquiriendo en el programa a través de la elaboración de un producto escrito. El proyecto resultante final deberá permitir incorporar los contenidos de las asignaturas que son objeto del programa, así como otros conocimientos y la experiencia y capacidad de juicio de los participantes.
The Master in Tax Consultancy also includes the possibility of participating in practical activities and activities for personal and professional growth such as:
- UPF-BSM Inside: is a group of interdisciplinary subjects (applied data, communication, creativity, innovation and project management, sustainability and leadership among others) that, if you take this program, you can access at no additional cost. They are 100% online and you can take them throughout the academic year at your own pace, as they have been designed as self-study subjects.
- International mobility: The UPF Barcelona School of Management offers you the possibility of expanding your training and international vision through the International Mobility Programme. Extend your studies extracurricularly, during the academic year following the completion of your Master's, at a top-level institution. Limited places.
Once you have passed the program, you will obtain an electronic degree (e-Título) for Máster de Formación Permanente en Asesoría Fiscal issued by the Pompeu Fabra University.
The e-Título is an authentic digital degree, issued in pdf format and electronically signed, with the same legal validity as if it were in paper format.
The teaching team combines academics from the prestigious UPF Department of Economics and Business and national professional specialists in the field of business tax advice.
Program Academic Director
Program Academic Director
Senior Lecturer UPF-BSM
Program Academic Director
The Master in Tax Consulting is developed during the academic year in an essentially practical way. The contents are demonstrated and applied and all the taxes that make up our tax system are analysed in detail.
The objective is to reconcile theoretical knowledge with professional practice, collecting the plurality of issues and casuistry that arise in daily practice, allowing the systematic study of the set of taxes that make up our tax system.
The class sessions combine the theoretical demonstration with the approach, discussion, and resolution of practical cases taken from real experience.
Faced with the practical assumptions raised (practical cases, inspection reports, and regularization proposals), students will have to propose a solution they find most appropriate, applying the knowledge acquired in the master.
Access to AEDAF Databases
During the academic period, the students of the Master in Tax Consultancy have the right to access the private part of the website of the Spanish Association of Tax Consultants (AEDAF), in order to be able to consult the different databases.
Tutored Master's Final Project
Throughout the program the student will work on the Master's Final Project. With the support of a tutor, you will develop a professional written opinion that you must present to a panel at the end of the course.
In order to obtain the title it is essential to:
- Pass the Master's Final Project.
- Attend class (at least 80% of the class sessions).
- Pass the continuous assessment (30% will be weighted on the final grade).
- Pass the corresponding theory exams, the result of which will weighted at 70% of the final mark: 60% of the theoretical exams grade; 40% of the evaluation grade of the Practicum of Basic Taxation of companies and of Advanced Taxation of companies.
The On-Campus&Live methodology allows you to follow the program in person and also remotely.
In this modality, two stable subgroups are opened that will coexist throughout the course: one face-to-face and the other with 100% remote students. The remote students (a maximum of 15 places per course) will follow the program in a synchronous way with the face-to-face students. That is, they will share the same school calendar and schedule as the face-to-face students.
Project-oriented learning and the combination of lectures and active methodologies such as case studies, flipped learning, solving real problems, and professional simulations allow the student to connect theory and practice, acquire advanced skills, and achieve learning which is transferable to the job. The face-to-face modality is enriched with elements of online programs (virtual learning environment, multimedia resources, among others) so that the learning experience of the two subgroups is equally satisfactory.
You will have:
- Master's or postgraduate work to learn by doing
- A personal mentor to monitor your Master's Final Project (TFM) or Postgraduate Final Project (TFP)
- Digital resources to achieve transversal skills
- Interdisciplinary activities and workshops
- Digital resources and audiovisual blocks for online learning
- Active methodologies for transferable learning
The Master in Tax Consultancy is aimed at young graduates who want to enter the corporate tax sector, as well as young professionals who want to grow within this sector and face new professional challenges.
The master brings together young professionals from the fields of Business Administration, Economics, or Law for each course.
A heterogeneous class group made up of students who share a common goal: to train with a quality program that provides them with the solid knowledge necessary to boost their professional career in the Corporate Tax Consulting sector.
Previous studies in Business Administration
Previous studies in Law
We train you to direct your professional career towards the Corporate Tax sector at the national and international level.
The master offers the possibility of carrying out extracurricular internships in companies in the tax consultancy sector, which will help boost your entrance into your future job.
- Legal, administrative, or financial department of any type of company or organization.
- Internal head of corporate taxation of any type of company.
- Head of corporate taxation of any type of business consultancy office.
- Tax advice to companies.
- Fiscal Controller.
- Tax advice in any law firm or economic office.
Admission and enrolment
Our admission process consists of a rigorous evaluation of each application to preserve the quality of the group as well as the training, experience, and work capacity of all students.
Who can apply?
You will need a university degree to be able to apply.
Those students who do not have Spanish as one of their mother tongues or who did not have it as a teaching language in their training studies, must prove that they have at least a B2 level of Spanish (Common European Framework of Reference), as well as fluently take part in a personal interview with the academic director, if necessary.
How to apply?
To apply for admission to this program, students must read and accept the Terms and Conditions of Contract once they start the application for admission through its form.
Application for admission
Complete your application within the next admission rounds:
|Round||Application deadline||Admission resolution|
Applications for admission will be evaluated when you complete the following steps:
- Complete the online admission form.
- Pay the €120 admission fee. This amount will be returned if you are not admitted.
- Send the following documents through the online platform e-registrar:
- Presentation letter or video
- Scanned copy of university degree (if you are in the last year of your degree, you can provide your academic records)
- Scanned copy of Transcript of Records. Make sure that it includes your GPA (Grade Point Average)
- Scanned copy of ID Card or Passport
- Passport-size photo (jpg format)
Additional documents may be requested in certain cases.
Applications are subject to the number of places available on the program.
- The Admissions Committee will select the candidates on the basis of a personal or CV-based interview.
- You will be notified of the admission decision in writing.
- Resgistration must be paid within a 15 days after the admission.
- Once the letter of acceptance to the program has been received, you will need to submit the following original documents before the course begins:
- Stamped and/or authenticated photocopy of your university degree.
- Stamped and/or authenticated photocopy of your transcript of records.
- If you have a foreign degree, we will indicate you in the admission letter the specific instructions of the documents required
- Paying the reservation fee (25% of the program's tuition fees) is essential in order to reserve your place
- If you pay the tuition fees by bank transfer you will be required to introduce the program code. The program code for this course is 1022.
- The remaining tuition fees must be paid 2 weeks before the start of the course.
Grants, scholarships and financing
The UPF Barcelona School of Management offers you different means of financing so that you can take any of our programs without worry. We offer you the opportunity to finance part of your program, either by rewarding your talent through scholarships, through grants from entities dedicated to promoting education or through collaboration agreements with financial entities.
Grants and discounts
You can choose how to finance your studies by consulting our simulator and receive an answer in less than 24 hours.
Master in Tax Consultancy