Postgraduate Online Programme in Literary Translation
- Starting date:
8 April 2015
- Finishing date for teaching classes: 12 July 2016
22 July 2016
- ECTS: 30
- Modality: Online
- Tuition fees: 3.630,00 €
The Postgraduate Programme in Literary Translation, which has a professional profile, is one of a kind in Spain, as it focuses on literary
translation but without neglecting the growing importance of audiovisual media in culture and the role translation plays in this area. It provides training
that looks at the complexity of the figure of the translator and trains competent professionals capable of undertaking a task that carries great responsibility
in cultural exchange.
Why this program?
- Because it takes a practical approach to translation: you will attend seminars and workshops in translation (from English, French, Italian or German,
according to your combination) and also in reading, correction, writing and research tools.
- Because not only will you learn to be a more efficient
translator, you will be trained in the legal aspects of working as a freelance translator: how to issue invoices, declare taxes, what legal framework
you need to follow with regard to International Property Rights, how to use the 2.0 tools of the sector to promote yourself, etc.
- Because you will
have classes with experienced professional translators like Silvia Komet and Valerie Miles; editors, cinema and theatre critics, and university professors
such as Olivia de Miguel (Premio Nacional a la Mejor Traducción 2011/2011 Best Spanish Translation) and Patrick Zabalbeascoa.
• To introduce improvements in the training of linguists and translators, and to bring students' professional and academic expectations more into line
with market needs.
• To read, translate, edit and discuss texts throughout the entire translation process.
• To provide training on more theoretical aspects that make up the cultural background needed to approach the translation of a cultural
• To provide training that covers the complexity of the figure of the translator and prepares competent professionals capable
of undertaking a task of great responsibility in cultural exchange.
The Postgraduate Programme in Literary Translation is aimed at professional translators, Humanities graduates (Translation, Languages,
Philosophy, History, Art History, Journalism, etc.) and anyone interested in acquiring the professional profile needed for working in literary translation.